Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Bunting

At about 9pm the night before Father's Day, I decided I wanted, no, NEEDED to decorate.

I had seen various versions of neck tie buntings, or garlands, or banners, or whatever and decided to just make a quick version my own way.


All I did was cut out two of each of the ties and then one piece of fusible web (the no-sew Heat and bond stuff.) I fused each of them together and then sewed some single fold bias tape to the top of the ties. Double fold bias tape would have given the banner a finished top edge, but I had some single fold lying around that I had no idea what else I would use it for. See? Quick. Easy. So cute.

And, my husband actually noticed. In fact, when he came home at 3am from work, it was the first thing he mentioned when he woke me up.

This project could be no sew if you pinned, ironed on, or glued the ties together.

1 comment: