Sunday, August 8, 2010

Small House Updates

I am gearing up to share some bigger projects we have been working on here, but for now I am going to catch up some older stuff.

First, I made a quick toile valance for our laundry room out of a remnant. I just hemmed the edges put in one pleat and pinned it up hiding the pins. It is kind of silly, but it really makes my laundry room feel more fancy, or cute, or workable, or just more of a part of the house and not the garage. I love it.

Another simple change we made was purchasing this mail sorter (from Hobby Lobby) that I had been eyeing. The bottom has six small drawers and we use them for common "junk drawer" items freeing up one very valuable kitchen drawer. YAY.

And, in our entry, where there once was a calendar is now a dry erase board/key rack. It is great to have a place to hang our keys when we are carrying a million things into the house. Okay, maybe not a million, but on most nights I carry: a purse, a lunch box, a diaper bag, mail, a sippy, a water bottle, keys and an almost two year old. In one trip. Really. I have often thought that I should get someone to take a picture, but if there were someone here to do so - I would make them help. :P
Oh, and this board is also useful for the hubs and I to communicate one very important thing.

Dishes are: CLEAN!

1 comment:

  1. We use our white-board to make a note of what we are out of (if you use the last of it, you write it on the board) and it saves me the headache of guessing what we are out of. Also, the grandkids leave goofy messages to us! Love our whiteboard!!!

    They also make wonderful gifts for 4 year olds who are learning to write!!!

    ReplyDelete