Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Abby Cadabby Tutu

On a whim one day, I decided to make a tutu.
I cut fabric for Hobby Lobby, and I get a lot of questions about how to make the tulle tutus that everyone is doing right now.
Since I don't have a girl, I didn't know.

I now know one way to make a tutu and I have answered many questions since.

I used two yards of tulle and cut it myself with my rotary cutter, but I do have plans to use the spools very soon in a Fourth of July variation!

Deciding that this tutu would be for my niece who is a Sesame Street fan, I made it in Abby Cadabby colors. Complete with a fairy wand!

This is the tutorial I referenced. Mostly for the wand.
(I corked those ribbons in the oven, another test I was running for customer questions.)

Jake was good enough to try on the tutu for me.
Just once.
My husband was not happy.

1 comment: