Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Taco Shells

Here is a quick food tutorial. I am not known for my cooking, but I tried making my own taco shells the other night and they were so GOOD! Yummy. I had to share. Maybe you already know how to do this, but I didn't. Thank you to my friend Cami for teaching me!

Heat up some oil in a pan.
I used a small pan (less oil) and about 1 inch of oil.
This works best when your oil is really hot. Patience.

(And please don't flick water into it... you WILL splatter yourself or your gas stove and create a small grease fire. I know. Trust me...)

Take some small corn tortillas. White or yellow.
We had white, so I used those.
With tongs, hold half of the tortilla in the oil.
When that half is done, flip the tortilla over and work on the other side.
You can kind of create how big of fold in the shell as you want by how you hold it.

Experiment and let me know how it goes!
Better yet, invite me over to try one! hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment