Thursday, July 23, 2009

Four Layer German Chocolate Cake

I made this cake for my husband's birthday.
I baked four 9inch round cakes two at a time.
I used two German chocolate cake mixes.
Before putting the batter into the pans, I sprayed them and then lined them with parchment paper to make sure they would come out easily. The spray helped to hold down the parchment paper.
After they were baked I made sure the cakes were cool before attempting to remove them from the pans. I used a plate to flip them out of the pans and then upright onto the base of my cake keeper.
I used a cake leveler thing to level the cakes, but a knife and steady hand would work great!
Between each layer, I put chocolate frosting. I melting the frosting slightly in the microwave for like 5-8 seconds and stirred it. (No, it is not homemade! I cheated!)
After the cakes are all layered, cover the whole thing in chocolate icing. My friend, Melinda, was over and helped me with this part!
After the chocolate icing is all on. I put pecan coconut icing on top.
Then I crushed some pecans and literally threw them at the sides of the cake until they stuck!
Cut, and serve.
Oh, and don't forget to sing 'Happy Birthday' if this is a birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment