Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Bar Stools!

After transforming our table into the black and wood combo, I decided we needed to spray paint our counter-height bar stools to match the motif. My husband was a little wary, but they look awesome!

In the beginning
A quick sand with a fine-grit paper just to rough up the finish a bit.
A coat of primer
And two coats of black.
After screwing the seat cushion back on - the end product!
Can you believe we used 1$ spray paint from Walmart?
The primer was the most expensive part of this project at like 3 or 4$!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, so I was a little scared that you were spray painting your chairs too, but the tables and chairs do look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! I didn't know spray paint would work so well for furniture. I just spray painted some small things for our bathroom the other day. How fun to see the transformation! The table and chairs look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look that good in person too! Excellent project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun blog with great ideas! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I love your blog! I am so glad I found it today!!! I need to do this with my kitchen chairs, they are already black, but look kid abused and I want them to look new again. Was the primer like paint on primer, or a spray on kind, or what kind? I am going to tackle ths project soon!!!

    ReplyDelete