Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Quick Belt

My 16 month old is tall and skinny which means his pants are always falling off of his bum, yet are somehow high waters. This is why we were in desperate need of some belts to keep those britches up!

I bought a yard of webbing and some D rings the same size as the webbing.
I cut the webbing down to size by measuring a pair of my son's pants and adding a couple inches. I think I cut these at 18 inches, but I would make it longer if I did it again.

Next, I put both D rings over the edge of the webbing and then looped the end over them to prep for sewing.

I used a zig zag stitch to sew this loop closed.
This is what it looks like. I wish my zigzag would have worked more like a satin stitch, but it didn't. Don't look too closely.
The next part is finishing off the other end of the webbing.
I just remembered to fold the webbing end opposite of the way you folded the end with the D rings

And there you go. Repeat in a million colors and hand them over to your toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment