Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wrong Color!? No Problem.

Today I have a quick change for you. A while ago, I posted a picture of this wall art arrangement on my personal blog. I loved how everything looked on this red wall, but it just wasn't working for the layout of my house.
The red wall is a definite focal point from many angles, but the corner where this arrangement got stuffed was not. And, since I wanted this arrangement to be a major focal point. I moved it. Err... I asked the hubs to move it for me! :) But, I could of done it if I wanted to...
Problem!?
It is all blah. And Bland.
I mulled over this problem for a while. Even before the actual move.
A painted box? Horizontal Stripes? Hmm..
I ultimately decided that the easiest solutions was to paint the words.
So I did.
I used the leftover house paint from the red wall.
It took some patience with the small curves and angle of the words, but eventually, I got it.
I didn't prime them, but I should have. I think that was my biggest mistake. I put a lot of coats on these puppies because of it!
Spray painting would have been another good option. However, I already had this paint thus equalling a cheaper option. I like cheap!
I called Ace Hardware though to see what the cost is for them to make my house paint into a spray. Did you know they did that? I just saw it advertised in their store! Really exciting. Anyway, it is 10$. Not a bad idea for any future projects that I am willing to spend the money!

So, if you feel like you have a piece of, well, almost anything and you want to use it but the color is wrong. Paint, paint, paint!

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME about Ace....I had no idea...and what a GREAT idea! Nice wall!

    ReplyDelete