Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baby Toys

I got a sewing bug last night... and made these! Fun little toys! I just used fabric I had around the house, and it was really fun. You should do it too!

I have been reading a lot of Make it and Love it. I love her! She makes the cutest stuff, and it is pretty simple to do as well.

I used this tutorial to make this block.
I am waiting on some more fabric, and then I plan to make more colors.
I added a little ribbon tag because my baby loves tags and I saw it somewhere else.

And then I used this tutorial to make these letter bean bags.
I used felt. Don't enlarge and look at my poor sewing. :) I had a little trouble, but by the end I was doing a lot better.

And, lastly, I used this tutorial to make this giraffe. The front is flannel and the back is corduroy. The flannel frayed a bit while I was hand stitching and was a pain, but I love this fabric! I think it works well for a giraffe. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Aww I love the Jake bean bags. The giraffe is cute too--they're my favorite! I like the ribbon mane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo....you are GOOD!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute!!! I love that blog too! I'm going to get another project going

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE ALL OF IT!!!!! Sorry for yelling...totally super cute...I love the box, and OF COURSE I love the giraffe...you're totally going to have to help me make some of these awesome toys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete