Friday, December 17, 2010

Toys for Boys

Here's an oldie that I haven't shared yet.

It's a toy car mat that folds up for easy transport to and from church or wherever.
The mat is just simply two pieces of fabric sewn together with the road sewn out of felt onto one of the fabrics. I put plastic canvas in between for stability, but if I did this again, I would just use some batting. Or maybe both the batting and plastic canvas.
When it is folded up there is a pocket on the outside for extra cars.
(I don't actually use this pocket very often. I don't have any flat cars like Matchbox cars, so my cars make the mat too bulky.


Another craft for boys that I finished more recently was this set of bean bags.
I used three different colored fabrics in three different boyish fabrics.
For added stability I fused a heavy weight interfacing to the wrong side of each fabric.
These are perfect gifts for boys with mom's who are nursing a new baby or boys who like the throw balls inside or are learning colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment