Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Apron for the Tot

Because Jakey loves to help in the kitchen so much, I decided he needed a tot sized apron to help him dress the part and possibly save his clothes from the inevitable spills.

I used a commercial pattern for a child's apron to get a basic shape and size but ended up modifying it to make the straps adjustable so he can grow into the apron for a while.

Instead of using a separate neck strap and ties, I made them the same piece. That makes the apron adjustable.
I just put a casing in along the side of the apron and then slid in the ties.
The ties can be pulled to shorten the neck strap,
or they can be loosened to make it bigger.

Tot approved.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute pictures of Jake! I love the apron and how helpful he is in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Years ago when I taught a cooking class for kids, I made aprons for each of them as part of the tuition fee. Wish you could have been around then with all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete